Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A great recipe and a tag...

Thanks to Rachael Ray's Magazine, I found this absolutely A-MAZING recipe! It is sooooo good.

Salt
1 lb. Spaghetti
3 T. vegetable oil (eyeball it)
3/4 lb. chicken cutlets, cut into thin strips
1 small head or 1/2 large head Napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
1 bunch scallions, chopped into 2-inch pieces
Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (a couple of generous handfuls)
6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp. coarse black pepper
1/3 c. tamari (dark soy sauce)
2 T. sesame oil
2 T. toasted sesame seeds
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain. While the pasta is working, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat until rippling. Add the chicken and stir-fry until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cabbage, scallions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper and keep warm. In a large bowl, combine the tamari and sesame oil. Stir in the spaghetti and toss to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top. Using tongs, serve the pasta in bowls and top with the chicken stir-fry.

**NOTE: You can find pre-cooked stir fry noodles in the refrigerated part of the produce section (by the wonton wrappers), I used these instead of spaghetti to save time, and for a more authentic taste. If you do this, then add the stir-fry noodles after all the veggies and mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or so, then pour the sauce over and toss with the sesame seeds.
Also, I would suggest using 1/4 of the amount of ginger that is suggested; it's very strong!
Lastly, To toast the sesame seeds, cook them over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, but watch closely, 'cause they burn easily. Let cool.
I know I added a lot of notes....I always do ;) But try it! All the ingredients are available at any grocery store! Yum-yum!
Now for the tag...my friend Debbie in Arizona tagged me....so here goes!
A- Attached or single: Attached
B- Best Friend: My sweet hubby, of course!
C-Cake or Pie: Cake!
D- Day of Choice: Friday, I love the anticipation of the weekend
E- Essential Items: My digital camera, ipod, photoshop, mega butter lotion from Bath and Body Works, lip gloss.
F- Favorite Color: blue
G- Gummi Bears or Worms: worms...and make them sour
H- Hometown: West Bountiful
I- Indulgence(s): my fav. show....FREINDS!
J- January or July: January, I HATE heat!
K-Kids: Drew (3 1/2) and Cameron (14 mo's)
L-Life is incomplete without: My family!
M- Marriage Date: March 28th, 2003
N- Number of Siblings: two-one younger sister, one younger brother
O- Oranges or Apples: Oranges
P- Phobias or Fears: a little of both...
Q- Quote(s): Bloom where you are planted (author unknown)
R- Reason To Smile: my boys
S- Season: Fall is my FAV
T- Tag Six: Jen Jenkins, Debbie Dee, Becki, Janelle, and Lindsay
U- Unknown Fact About Me: I sleep with four pillows...two of which are body pillows.
V- Veggies or Fruit: fruit!
W- Worst Habit: procrastinating
X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds...they can be used for relaxing muscles too!
Y- Your Favorite Food: This is too hard...let's just say....Italian.
Z: Zodiac: Gemini

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that recipe sounds good! Yum, yum!