Thursday, January 15, 2009

The forest for the trees...

I actually took this photo back in December, it was one of 300. I passed over it because Drew's head was coming in on the left side of the picture, but I found it again today, and fell in love with it!! What a handsome little devil! This week has been a trying week for me with my little Cam. He is SO different from his brother. Not BAD, just different and he is throwing me some serious curve balls as of late. I'm so glad I found this picture though, because it is yet another reminder of how much I love him, and how important he is to me. It's hard to see the forest for the trees sometimes (I hope I quoted that right!), much how we as mom's get bogged down by the day to day, or maybe the minute to minute stuff that is so hard in parenting. I am going to try and be a little more patient, be a little more understanding, be a little more loving. Wow, all from one little picture. Oh yeah, and I found this new trick to make the eyes 'pop' and so I had to try that one out ;)

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Gorgeous picture Lindsay. Simply breathtaking.

And...your thoughts about it too.

You gave me more patience today. Thanks for posting.

Sarah said...

Yep, I totally get it. You have your Cam, and I have my Audrey. Somedays I don't know if we'll survive her, but at the same time she is so amazing. How do they do that?
Love the picture. My sister-in-law is going to have you take her fam pictures. Did she email you yet? This spring, I'm going to have ours done too. I'll be calling you!

Becki said...

What a sweet post. Patience is something I can definitely use more of and while it's nice to know I'm not the only mother who feels that way, it's also nice to be reminded how important it is as a mother to have patience when raising these sweet little people.

The picture is beautiful. I love it and he definitely is a handsome little guy.

Jim's Photo Blog said...

Absolutely beautiful linds!....great depth of field, great composition, great light.....but best of all......THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE CHILD!

DAD