Wednesday, February 18, 2009

He ate WHAT!?!

So, we had a interesting experience the other day...Drew had already awaken from his nap and then we heard Cam babbling to himself.  Drew raced up the stairs (we always have to race up the stairs) and opened Cams door and came running back out and said, "mom it REEKS in there, Cam pooped."  Ah well, same old really, nothing new in the life of this SAHM.  Except when I went in, I was struck with a smell so foul, so wretched, I thought that a skunk had taken up hibernation somewhere in the house, farted it's nasty stank, threw up, rolled around in it..., and then died.  I could hardly make myself go in there...but thinking that the stink could infest the rest of the house, I rushed into action.  And then I saw it.  Greenish-brown streaks all over his bed.  So this is what other moms go through when they have a child that plays with their own fecal matter.  I had never experienced this with my older (normal) child.  So I picked up Cam (with as little contact as possible) and set him on the changing table to survey the damage.  There were these same greenish-brown streaks on his cheek, his shirt and on his legs...and it was stuck under his fingernails as well.  But, he wouldn't have eaten it would he???  So, I gulped (to hold the bile rising in my throat), and smelled inside his mouth.......My son ate poo.  POO!!!!  PPPOOOOO!!!!  What the?  Where did he come from?!?!?  What is wrong with him!!!  EWWWWWWWWWW!?!?!  What about Hepatitis...?  Salmonella (?) He's going to die!!  I'm so grossed out at this point I can hardly think what to do next.  I don't know the number for the Haz-mat people...I don't want to involve poison control...So I gave him a bath in hydrogen peroxide, bleach and rubbing alcohol (I'm totally kidding...).  After I scrubbed him down with a rag that is now trash, I let him soak all the nastiness off.  Now, I am terrified that whenever I lay him down, he's going to wait until I've left the room, poo and then have himself a little snack...  

10 comments:

David and Tiffany said...

That is SO disgusting!!! Kaitlin went through a phase of taking her diaper off. We had to put duct tape around her diaper ALL the time (trying to prevent something like that from happening). Anyway, there's an idea for you. Duct tape is the most wonderful thing ever!!

Meghan said...

The SAME THING HAS HAPPENED TO ME. My Lauren ate poo. She had the runs for about 2 days afterwards, and everything cleared up after that. He too, will be okay. That is SO GROSS!!!

Candice said...

That's just gross Lindz! I am glad I have dogs & they don't appear to eat that mess. They used to mess in their kennels as pup's but are past that point now.

Ew

Jim's Photo Blog said...

Unlike his mom who finger painted with hers while Dad was shoving butt wipes up his nose ASAP. Great story Linds! Since you are so experienced I will wait to you pick him up. If this happens at our house! Double LUV LUV...>DAD

Anonymous said...

Like mother like sonaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how funny you are when you write! I laughed hard when I read it... wait, you were with me.
luv luv, Mand

Alicia H said...

That is so HILARIOUS! I am just laughing my butt off. Sorry to put it that way...but what a better way to get a smaller bum! Am I right...thank you for helping.

P.S. Glad it's not my child! HEE HEE HEE

Becki said...

Oh my gosh Linds...I would die! Your post was written so well it made me laugh the entire time I was reading it. Good luck with nap time from here on out :)

Marianne said...

Noah did that once. Pretty nasty. The worst was the next day Joel went to lay Noah down for a nap and found that in the previous day's cleanup we forgot the binky. It was now covered in hard, crusty brown poo. Needless to say, it went straight in the trash. Gross! By the way, I love the way you told that story. Very funny!

Jamie said...

Ummm...ewww!!! Is this what I have to look forward to with my kids? Oh man!

(P.S. There's a HUGE announcement on my blog! Take a look!)

Heather said...

Seriously, Hannah has done this more times then I'd like to admit. I didn't know what to do and was totally convinced that we needed to have a psychologist on-call. Finally, I did some research on the internet and found a bunch of Moms who claimed that the best way to cure this little curiosity glitch is to throw them in a cold shower. I thought that sounded a little harsh until the next day when I went to wake Hannah up from her nap and she told me she drew me a picture...on the wall with her itty -bitty turds. Cue the dry-heave. So, into the shower she went and hasn't done it since...keeping my fingers crossed on that! :)